Hearing Tests & Evaluation
Hearing evaluation determines if hearing loss is present. It helps us to make the appropriate treatment recommendations.
Test may include:
- Audiometry (Air and bone conduction)
- Acoustic reflexes
- Speech perception test in quiet
- Listening in special noise (LiSNs)
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAEs)
The hearing evaluation process aims to produce the following outcomes:
- Identify the type and extent of the hearing loss.
- Determine if there is a need for medical/surgical treatment.
- Determine if aural rehabilitation is needed.
- Provide counselling to patients and family